Your Personal Information
Information We collect from You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
• personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications;
• information relating to your employment history, skills and experience, current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements, that you provide to Us;
• whether or not you have a disability for which Amino needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
• information about your entitlement to work in the country for which the role is located;
• We may process special categories of data, such as information about, but not limited to, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, to monitor recruitment statistics and to carry out Our legal obligations in relation to recruitment and employment.
• Details of your visits to Workable’s Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Workable’s Website and the resources that you access.
We may collect this information from:
• information that you provide when you apply for a role: this includes information provided in applications, CVs, resumes, or otherwise, through a recruiter, online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method;
• correspondence between you and Us;
• details of all actions that you carry out through the use of the services;
• As described with reference to other sources, below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Workable provides Us with the facility to link the data you provide to Us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
Workable’s technology allows Us to search various databases, which may include your personal data, to find possible candidates to fill Our job openings. Where We find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may also obtain references supplied by former employers, and where the role deems it necessary, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks. Amino will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Uses Made Of Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for Our business, and to ensure that we do this in accordance with applicable laws.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied;
• To consider your application in respect of other roles;
• To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process;
• To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers;
• To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings;
• To help Workable improve their services;
Automated decision making/profiling
We may use Workable’s technology to select a set of appropriate candidates for Us to consider based on criteria We have identified. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic based on Our criteria and the information you have provided; however, any decision as to who We will engage to fill the job opening will be made by Our staff.
How We Store & Process Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where We store your personal data
Subject to the following paragraphs, when We store your personal data, it is stored on secure servers within the EEA. We or our suppliers may use third-party hosting services for this purpose. If you are located outside the EEA, by using the service, you agree to this transfer.
The data that We collect from you and process using Workable’s Services may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, reviewing your application, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing.
• your data may be accessible to our staff in the USA or Hong Kong;
• your data may be accessible to Workable’s staff in the USA;
• your data may be stored by Workable’s hosting service provider on servers in the USA, as well as in the EU.
The USA and Hong Kong do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. However:
• A Data Processor Agreement has been signed between Workable Software Limited and its overseas group companies, and between Workable Software Limited and each of its data processors.
• A Data Processor Agreement has been signed between Amino Communications Ltd and its overseas group companies.
These data processor agreements are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
If you would like further information, please contact Us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom, OR EEA, or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How long we keep your personal data
If your application for employment is successful, personal information gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The basis for processing of the information will then be that it is pursuant to a contract between you and us. Details of the information retained and the periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
Otherwise, if your application for employment is not successful, We will hold the data for 24 months. After which it will be automatically removed from our records. This period may be extended by up to 12 months if we evaluate your profile for a role during the last 6 months of the retention period.
Your personal information will also be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
• deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by you); or
• we receive a written request from you (or another person engaged by you) requesting us to delete the information.
Your rights (EU Residents)
This section identifies rights which are applicable to residents of EU countries. If you are not an EU resident, these legal rights may not apply to you, but we will act reasonably to apply our policies consistently with these principles.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge in relation to information about you for which we are the Data Controller. In summary, those include rights to:
• access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
• require Us to correct any mistakes in your information for which We are the Data Controller;
• require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations;
• receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
• object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing (we will not use information provided for recruitment for marketing purposes);
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data;
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office "ICO" on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• contact us using our Contact details below
• let Us have enough information to identify you,
• let Us have proof of your identity and address, and
• let Us know the information to which your request relates.
How to complain
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about Our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
The supervisory authority in Finland is Data Protection Ombudsman.
Information service, Monday to Wednesday 9am to 4pm. Phone: +358 29 56 16670
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to email@example.com