Affordable access to TV 2.0 advanced technology for any size cable operator
Cupertino, CA 17th of October 2017 – Amino, the IP/Cloud video software and device specialist, debuts the latest in scalable solutions for cable operators at Cable-Tec Expo 2017 taking place October 17-20th in Denver. Consumers have enthusiastically adopted advanced technologies including voice navigation and OTT integration offered by the largest MSOs, but the cost of these solutions have put them out of reach for most operators. With Amino’s latest Android TV-based offerings, any size operator can offer an advanced user experience to reverse declines in subscription TV and bolster the appeal of bundled broadband access.
“We are seeing tremendous change in the industry as the world moves towards an all IP/cloud future where operators are encountering increasing consumer expectations especially in the areas of voice navigation and OTT applications.” said Donald McGarva, CEO of Amino, “This year we have seen the emergence of Android TV as a huge area of interest – just as we have supported an industry-first major Android TV deployment with Finnish operator DNA.” Amino recently announced an industry-first Android TV deployment with Finland-based operator DNA, providing both mobile and set-top box end-to-end delivery for its multi-screen TV service, DNA TV-hubi. The implementation with DNA is the first large-scale commercial deployment of Android TV to go live.
Visitors to the show can see live demonstrations of Amino’s comprehensive product portfolio, which brings together key elements designed to deliver advanced TV experiences, while also realizing significant deployment cost savings.
- AminoVU – a full range of hybrid/IPTV devices with latest innovations including dual mode Android/Linux devices and demonstrations with middleware partners highlighting the ease of access to Google Play Store apps and premium content.
- Amino ENABLE – award-winning virtual STB platform, designed to empower operators to launch modern, virtualized, consumer-centric UX and video services while maximizing the value of existing capital and infrastructure investment.
- AminoOS – a comprehensive service assurance solution for enabling operators to efficiently and proactively support and improve their quality of service across any network.
- Amino FUSION – a simple home monitoring solution for monetizing IoT and driving broadband subscriptions while also helping operators to increase ARPU and customer retention.
Amino will be joining industry heavyweights Google and Verimatrix for an educational panel workshop, moderated by Colin Dixon, Chief Analyst and Founder of nScreen Media , to discuss how Android TV has evolved and how we can expect to see future adoption growth. Panelists include:
- Jon Stewart, Head of America’s Partnerships, Google
- Petr Peterka, CTO, Verimatrix
- Mark Evensen, CTO, Amino
The panel will be held on the SCTE Cable-Tec show floor at 1:00PM on Thursday, October 19th at booth #1819.
For more information on Amino solutions and Android TV capabilities, or to schedule a meeting with an Amino executive at Cable-Tec Expo, please contact email@example.com.
Amino Communications is a global leader in innovative IP/Cloud video software and device solutions that enable service providers to transform the consumer experience. As pioneers of IPTV and with over 10 million devices sold worldwide, Amino has a proven track record for rock-solid reliability, innovation and best-in-class customer care. Over 250 of the world’s leading operators, across 100 countries have relied on Amino to provide a seamless delivery of rich entertainment experiences. We pride ourselves in providing award-winning solutions that enable the delivery of innovative services to enrich the lives of connected consumers.
Amino Communications is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amino Technologies PLC which is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (AIM: symbol AMO), with headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom, and global offices in California, Finland, Hong Kong and Portugal. For more details, visit http://www.aminocom.com